Friday, October 21, 2022

End of Summer Round-up, Two

This is Simplicity 3993, a vintage pattern sourced online.
I love the simplicity and clean lines of this pattern.



The sleeves were a bit tricky, because it was hard to make the openings larger. For the skirt, it's basically a square and I just placed the pleats where I thought they should go.



Dress number two is New Look 6654, this dress looks exactly as advertised on the envelope.


It's a little snug in the bust, since this doesn't usually happen, I didn't make any alterations.


                                And it's too short for me, but I do like this dress, picnic anyone?






 


I really love this dress and consider it a success.
How great is it when two fabrics come together perfectly?


I purchased the 18W sized pattern instead of the normal size 16, I thought it would be better since it was a wrap dress. It wasn't too large in the top, but the top wrap was at least one inch too long. Since I had sewed everything up and I needed it to fit I took a large pleat by the waist and no one is the wiser.





The next dress is made from all my old Mexican dresses that did not fit anymore.
I used the two patterns above.


I had used the Simplicity 9325 before and it was a bad fit.
I raised up the center insert and shortened the shoulders for a much better fit. Time to turn in, too many spelling mistakes, thanks spell check.



1 comment:

  1. I was roaming the internet, looking for ideas for sewing a dress for an upcoming graduation celebration in a hot, humid climate, and came across your blog. You are definitely a dress gal! Love all the colorful fabric prints and the feminine styles you sew. You look fabulous in them. Thanks for the many inspiring ideas.

    ReplyDelete