Monday, August 31, 2020

BurdaStyle 6288

This dress is made from my prized paint by number fabric. I had looked all over the internet for this, then when I was visiting California I had to make my husband stop the car when I saw the fabric shop along the street. I grabbed this fabric and went to pay. When I got to the cutting table she said I couldn't buy that. WHAT!!! She thought I had found it by the cutting table where they were prepping fabric to be sent out. So, crisis averted since I got it from the shelf. Whew!


Since I love this fabric so much I used BurdaStyle 6288, one that I had used before on a winter dress. I used interfacing on the sleeve facing and in hindsight it might be more comfortable with just the fabric or light interfacing, but that's my only quibble.


The skirt is just gathered, not pleated because the fabric was too narrow.

This pattern was also in the magazine, but why trace it when you can just take it out of the envelope, worth the extra money.



 The winter version.

No comments:

Post a Comment