Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Butterick 6450

For some reason I got it in my head that this pattern was fitted at the waist, so when I completed it early in the summer season and tried it on I was shocked that it was huge at the waist. So I grabbed the pattern and saw that it was meant to have an elasticized waist, even though my fabric was light I had serged the waistband and added binding, so it was way too thick for elastic.


I let this sit until now and decided to rip out the front waist seams and add darts. I'm glad I took the time to do this, because I now like the dress. Doesn't the above photo look like one of those dorky first day of school pictures? Ha! Ha! This pattern is very short-waisted in the front, but normal in the back...probably just me.

The sleeves are from another pattern and yes, I actually hand stitched the hem!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment