Sunday, September 20, 2020

Vogue 2193

Thought I'd blog about this dress while the weather is still warm and the Vikings are loosing.
This is the best side of the dress (who would think I would say that about the back)!



This pattern has been in the stash for quite awhile and I think I paid $35.00 for it...Yikes!
It was very different to sew and I will attempt it again. I would omit the zipper from the back, turn the front neckline into a slight V-shape and probably do a fall/winter version in stretch velvet.
The front neckline would give you that too close feeling if you are bugged by such things.

This fabric was from SR Harris and I did realize how thin (and show-through) it is. I have to wear a cami-bra and slip with it.


Mimi G did a version of this and hers is the ultimate, it looks like old Hollywood glamour.
If we ever get to Greece, I would pack this dress, sigh...


 

2 comments:

  1. You look so good in that new dress. Great! I really admire how you work with such sophisticated floral pattern.

    ReplyDelete