Thursday, May 19, 2016

McCall's 5842

This pattern was cut out for two years before the sewing took place! I hate sewing gathers.
At least it still fits. Once again it was cut to a size 16 with no alterations.

This dress is made from sheets from Crate and Barrel. I ended up liking this pattern, except for the gathering.

Butterick 6582

This pattern has been used by so many and looked so cute, I had to go for it. I thought I had this in the pattern collection, but I didn't for some reason and had to go out and buy it. The fabric is from Treadle Yard Goods in St. Paul. I love the color, it is a very unusual color of blue.

This was fun to sew, because it was different as far as the construction and how the pattern went together. I made no pattern alterations except for using a different skirt because I couldn't fit the one included on the fabric.

I don't like these shoes with this dress, they look too heavy...oh well.

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Butterick 6051

Finally, a nice spring day! I had cut this out last year and just got to it now. Both fabrics were from JoAnne's. The top is a knit from last year and the bottom a cotton from a few years back.

If you make this view of the pattern, don't plan on going to anywhere where you might need to raise your arms. Sporting event, prayer meeting or the like, just pass, or add length under the arms or use the sleeveless view. The waistband construction was strange. I cut out two fronts and backs, and sewed the waistband normally and inserted the elastic to the whole waistband, with the gathers in the back. If I make this again. I would interface the front and have the elastic in the back. But other than that I like the pattern.

Our new frog is anxiously awaiting his new home!

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

McCall's 6700

Finally, a nice spring day to wear a dress. The other nice spring day was spent in Houston stranded in the tax day flood!

This is a pattern many have used and made really cute maxi's. This inspiration (or copy) came from Mimi G.

I had this cut out for a year. I didn't want to work on this because I didn't want to turn the tubes for the ties. Instead, I used braid and backed it with binding, but you probably wouldn't even need the ties.

Look at those trees!