Saturday, October 29, 2016

Simplicity 1099

 So, it's all about the print. Who doesn't love a chicken print? This was a flawed fabric purchase from Mill End Textiles about a million years ago. The skirt has one seam and elastic casing, that's all I had room for.

 I love the cropped top. Although, if you make this, check the arm hole depth. On me it's really tight and I usually don't have that problem in that area.

I didn't use any of the facings, just bias tape. I used a glittery braid on the bottom.

Another Simplicity 1104

 This is one of my favorite patterns, it is Cynthia Rowley, Simplicity 1104. I made it from Scuba found at JoAnne this year in the $7.99 section.

 It would have fit better if I had taken in the tucks a bit more in the front, but I'm going to leave it as is. I also added sleeves so it would be more fall appropriate.

Not much to add...

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Vogue 9186

 Thought I'd better post this before the snow flies. Vogue 9186 is kind of an unusual pattern, but that's one of the reason's we sew. Where could you find a dress like this in ready to wear?

The graduated fabric was from JoAnne a few years ago. Since there wasn't enough fabric I did the front on the straight grain and the back on the cross grain.

I just added about two inches in length and that was about it as far as alterations go. It might be desirable to just extend the elastic a little more to the back if you like things more fitted. Happy sewing!

Vogue 1410

 Yes, I made another Vogue 1410. It's easy to fit, easy to sew and doesn't break up the print.

 Unfortunately the weather just turned cold , so no more wearing of this dress.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Butterick 6169

 This dress was finished at the tail end of winter last year and wasn't even tried on till now. I like this pattern and was kind of surprised by that, since I usually don't like straight dresses. This dress would even be better without the tie and worn with a waterfall jacket . The tie ended up being bulky even though it is silk and cotton on the backside.

 The front is silk from Ebay (don't know the seller) and the sides are a knit from the stash. I also got the coin print cotton from Ebay because I ran out of fabric. In hindsight it would have been better to just do a narrow hem on the sash. The coin trim was from SR Harris.