Wednesday, June 17, 2015

BurdaStyle Dress

I saw that some other bloggers had made this dress and it looked really cute on them, so I decided to get out the tracing paper and have a go at it. It is from the BurdaStyle Magazine 6/2013. The bottom layer is a challis fabric and the top is an embroidered sheer, both purchased at SR Harris.


I had some problems with this pattern. The armholes had some gaping (I added darts in the sheer dress).
It was also too low cut and I think I'm wearing the sheer layer backwards. And the hem is funky. And the shoulder straps kept falling down. Other than that I like it.

If you like this style, use a pattern from your stash that is similar and that you've used before and just make some changes. It would be cute with a slim skirt underneath, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment