Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Vogue 8825

Originally, I had not purchased this pattern when it came out, but then I saw others wear this dress and it looked so cute on them, so I thought I'd give it a try. I did not buy it at first because the skirt looked too slim in the drawing, but it ended up fitting quite nicely.

When I looked at the other dresses online, the pattern seemed to run large, especially on thin girls, so I cut size 16 on the top and graded out on the hips. I cut off about an inch on the sleeves (short arms and legs)  and made the cuffs smaller and added a stiff elastic inside. I did the standard longer skirt for winter so I don't have to wear tights.

Did you notice I'm a little off on the plaid? I originally wanted the plaid for the sleeve fronts too, but there was no way I could even begin to match anything. The fabric was from remnant bundles from Vogue Fabrics when they came to the Minneapolis Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment