Saturday, January 7, 2017

Vintage Vogue 8294


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and is working on a good New Year!


I made a few new year's resolutions, one to do with sewing. If it does not fit, or if I don't like it, I will either donate it or cut it up for another project, and I will do it in a timely fashion. I'm also going to donate two things a day (too much stuff, and I always want new stuff).


This is another vintage pattern, Vogue 8294. I had been putting off sewing vintage patterns because of the fit. I got over that by using similar patterns that fit as a guide, and it seems to be working. This has the zipper in the front, set in with the centered method. I really wanted an exposed zipper, but did not have an appropriate zipper on hand, and also have not really mastered that technique, probably should do a practice run...
 
The fabric is from the stash, velvet on top and embroidered moleskin on the bottom. I don't know why more people don't wear dresses, it's like wearing a robe all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment