Thursday, February 9, 2017

Butterick 6519


 I tried taking pictures inside to no avail, that's why I'm wearing sandals in winter. I saw this pattern on Etsy and had to have it even though it is for maternity wear. From the front it looks good, but from the side it kind of poufs out.



 Guess what? I'm wearing shoulder pads, but the dress fits so much better with them. I made the placket longer so I wouldn't have to insert it into the front contrast panel. It still was a bear because the stretch denim was so thick. Also, decided to use a pin instead of buttons, since I have some cute pins that I never seem to wear.


There is a zipper in the side seam, but I forgot and it's not a problem getting into it. The fabric is light purple on on side and dark on the other. It has been aging for quite some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment