Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Butterick 6480



I used this pattern because it was very similar to one in my Burda Style Magazine. I think I should have gotten out the tracing paper!! See the pulling on the bust-line?  That was my fault, normally I cut a size 16 on the top, but I thought I'd just go ahead and cut the 18 because I always have to make the upper sleeve bigger. When I make sleeveless tops I always have to watch for gaping armholes.


 Maybe I should just stand like this all day...


This is the solution, to look like you are out of the Golden Girls, ha! Back to the pattern, these are the sleeves from Simplicity 1059. I also had liked how the back had the same design details as the front, but, if you have a butt I would recommend just a solid, plain back. The fabric is a beautiful ponte from Vogue Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment