Monday, September 3, 2018

McCall's 7774


Hi! Hope you are having a nice holiday! We went to the Isle Bun Company. If you are ever in Minneapolis, go there! Anyway, this is the perfect dress for eating sweat treats.


 I had high hopes for this pattern and it didn't quite live up to those. The top needed to be tighter, normally I need to take out back darts, but this pattern needed darts. I should have pinched out some armhole width on the pattern, but forgot to and added a dart. I lined the top with the linen used in the skirt and it made it kind of droopy, not crisp. Oh well, still like dress, even with all it's imperfections.


The patterned fabric was from Treadle Yard Goods, I had been eyeing it for sometime, but not buying because it was so expensive. One day it was just waiting in the remnant section, just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment