Thursday, December 6, 2018

Simple Sew, The Lily Dress and Other Failures


 Look at how cute this turned out. I had saved this corduroy for the perfect pattern and I thought this was it. The Lily Dress pattern is not the perfect pattern. I fits where it shouldn't fit (arms) and is way too tight in the upper bust, normally I call this area my hollow chest because this area is devoid of any extra fat. The opening wants to just gap open. At first I was considering leaving it that way and using ties as closures...I may have to let things marinate before I do anything. Another warning about this pattern: it is extremely short waisted. I added one and a half inches and it is still too short. Bummer!


This is my other failure. I made this out of a stretch velvet and the dress on just hung there and looked terrible. I just gave it away, didn't even want a picture of it. I'm going to keep the pattern a fabric with more body might work as long as you could also gather it up. Normally after a failure (or a few failures) I need to sew something quick and easy and something that looks good on everyone online. What do you do to get over a bad sewing project?

No comments:

Post a Comment