Saturday, April 18, 2020

Simplicity 8504




I was intending to wear this dress on Christmas, but when I sewed it up I thought it would be a good idea to leave out the sleeve lining. Don't do this, it's what keeps the sleeve up! When I put the dress on the sleeves were just hanging there and were very long. I tried adding elastic and that didn't work. Much later I cut off about three inches of the upper and lower sleeve and sewed it all back together, but it doesn't look like it should.


The skirt is cut very narrow, just like the drawings show, so add more if you usually need to. Also, make the matching belt if you have enough fabric, it would really make the dress look better.


This ended up being my Easter dress, yes, it was snowing. I have packed away my cut-out winter patterns and have started sewing summer things now. I'm sewing masks too, but my max is ten per day, I don't want to feel like I'm forced into making masks and strangely enough want to be thinking good thoughts when I sew them.

Today it might get up to sixty, but I will have to clear the gardens of leaves before doing anymore sewing.

Hope you and your families are still healthy and happy and not too stressed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment