Wednesday, November 25, 2020

BurdaStyle 05/2020 #122

My BurdaStyle dress is wearable, but I made a mistake on the waistband. I cut it out larger than the pattern and then pinned it together and tried it on. It was too small. There was a small amount of  fabric left over, so I cut a new waist band and just sewed it, but now the skirt and top were too small and I had to omit the gathers!!! Anyway, I put on a large belt and asked my husband how noticeable it was. He said that no one would notice. So, I will wear it anyway!

The fabric is flannel for $2.99 per yard from JoAnn's so not a big investment thankfully. I do have some summer fabric that would be good for this pattern. I think I may omit the waistband, make the bodice longer and use elastic instead. Since I've gained weight during Covid it might be a smart idea.

How much do you love the boots? Old Gringo, if you need to get them for yourself!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment