Thursday, February 17, 2022

Simplicity 8248


I spent a lot of time sewing this dress and when I first put it on I did not like it at all. But, after wearing it for awhile it's good. I did not like that the waist was too loose, so I just needed to think of it as oversized and luckily that is in style now. Yes, I am wearing knee highs, I hate tights!

The top is Simplicity 8248 and I did check the pattern for size because it was a vintage pattern. I'm glad I cut a larger size than normal (except for the waist) because it would have been too tight. The sleeves are from a different pattern as well as the skirt. McCall's 6742 is the skirt. I used black velvet and brown velvet for the color blocking, but it's hard to see. 



The dog pin and the shoes make the outfit!


No comments:

Post a Comment