Wednesday, October 12, 2022

End of Summer Round-up


Here is part one for the end of summer sewing round-up.
I ended up really liking most of these dresses except the McCall's pattern with the tie in the front.
 

My sweet and sassy kitten of nineteen years died on October 11th.
Purro was my soul cat and will be always missed. 

I've had this pattern forever and finally got to it. I changed the skirt to gathered because the material was thin and I didn't want to line it. I did wear a slip underneath.


Really nice fitting, just did my normal adjustments.





I had used this pattern before so I knew what to expect.
I let the fabric do the talking when it came to the layout of the print. 


Fabric from SR Harris cheapy table.





Another old pattern of mine, so old that it went up to size 14 only (I use 16 now).


Made the pattern a little larger and added a zipper and all is good.



I was hesitating sewing this because Gertie patterns seem to run smaller, especially in the arms. I had looked online for other examples of this sewn up. They were cute, but almost looked too open in the chest area. I made the tieback straps longer so adjustments could be made.




This is the looser in the bunch. My fabric was flawed, but I didn't notice it when I got it in the mail, then there is just way too much fabric in the top and I also had to wear another top underneath to
 keep things looking somewhat decent. This would have been a better outfit for me when
I was young and skinny! Oh well, fun to try!



No comments:

Post a Comment