Sunday, August 12, 2018

Three Patterns


This dress started life as Butterick 5850. I don't know what happened but it was huge. 
The top was way too big and there was too much of the skirt gathered into that big top. 
I tried adding elastic to the waist and that made it worse. I loved the fabric, so I looked online and I went back to my local JoAnn store. They were all sold out. I went to another JoAnn and as I was leaving after looking everywhere I spotted it! (This was at the end of the season last year.)



This year I cut out Butterick 6446 for the top, because I had used that before and it fit so nicely.
Since I didn't want a repeat of too much skirt at the waist, I used the top portion of the
skirt from Butterick 5982.


 Life is good, I have a dress I like and had three people give me a compliment.


Please excuse the goofy expression, I think I was trying to stay upright in my shoes on the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment