Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Hot Patterns 1201


As you know I love Hot Patterns, and this is another winner in my book. I've had this corduroy in my stash for such a long time and the reason I wanted to sew it up now is because of the hand painted jewelry that I just got from Etsy.


I tried to use another pattern and I could just not get it to fit the fabric, so I pressed that pattern and put it back into the envelope and got out this pattern. Only the front and back fit! Yikes! As I was going through some fabric, I found this gold denim for the side panels, perfect.


Normally, I start out with the size 16, but with this I cut size 18 and graded out on the hips, with
this style dress I wanted it loose-fitting. This is also one of the easiest dresses to sew.
I would recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. This is cute! I just stumbled onto your blog from a link on another blog, and I'm glad I did. I don't think I've noticed this pattern at HotPatterns, so your make must be more appealing than the cover art. :-) I think the color-blocked side panels are a nice touch.

    I'm off to check out this pattern on the HotPatterns site!

    ReplyDelete