Friday, March 13, 2020

One Out of Four Ain't Bad



This is Simplicity 8786, This dress fits okay, it is a little short waisted, but I don't really mind that. This is a remake of a wadder, I used the skirt and the sleeves from that dress. Don't know if it was worth the effort. I would like to use the pattern as shown, I think it would be very slimming if any one might need that like me!


This dress looks really good from the front! The back is just straight with darts. I should know by now that that does not work for me. I either need to add a waist seam or have a larger flare. The back is a little tight too, but that's one of my normal corrections to a pattern (that I didn't make). I'm going to keep this one, maybe I'll lose some of my winter weight. Ha, ha!



I went on a independent pattern splurge on black Friday, and this was one of them. Who would think there would be any fitting issues in a dress like this. Well, if I stand perfectly still there would be no issues. It seemed tight in the upper bust, back and sleeves. I would like to make this again, but I would take one of my TNT patterns and re-draw the cutting lines. One warning to shorter people, both of these patterns are long. I'm 5'8" and the floreat dress almost touched the ground in the front. Another reason I don't like this dress is the color, it looks lighter on and it blends with my skin tone and it looks like a nightgown.


Right now I'm kind of down on independent pattern companies, because I don't make muslins and it's really hit or miss on how they fit. I do like Hot Patterns, because they fit me right out of the envelope.


 This is Vogue 8938 and I've sewn this before, I even tried it on before I started cutting. This is a comfortable and warm day dress, the one dress that I actually like.


2 comments: