Saturday, March 21, 2020

Simplicity 9011 and Burdastyle 8/2014 #142


 I hope you all are well and keeping the faith. Sending those thoughts and prayers out to the world. I'm lucky that my husband is working in a grocery and my friend is working in a liquor store, so they both have been picking up items to keep us going, and they are staying healthy in the process, even though they are "old". Happy!

On to sewing and the dress I just made, thank goodness not another wadder. I was going to use the BurdaStyle pattern and even had traced it, but I tried on the tissue and it was way too tight. I used the Simplicity pattern designed for knit patterns and just made it bigger and added a zip.



In hindsight this was the better choice because the Burda pattern had more seams that needed matching and it was hard enough with the Simplicity pattern and my limited amount of fabric.
I added piping on the sleeves because of this.


The Simplicity pattern (without the flounce) will make a great knit dress.



This is my little kitty and we just found out Thursday that he most likely has cancer, so sad I could cry a river...but he is here now, so I need to be thankful for that. I seems like most people in the sewing community love their animal so much.

2 comments: