Friday, June 19, 2020

Gertie Sews Jiffy Dresses and Simplicity 7812



 The top of this dress is from Gertie Sews Jiffy Dresses, and the bottom from Simplicity 7812. Love the front of the dress with the gathers, so pretty, but the back seems a little low and the shoulders feel like they are slipping down. My husband put a pin in the back and that seems to help. We'll see if I can get out of this unaided.


Another thing I've noticed with Gertie patterns are that they are made for people with small arms, I had to start stitching one inch below where it was indicated, luckily the seam was straight, not curved. She must use herself as the fit model with her long lean limbs! I'm the opposite, tall with short stout limbs...oh well have the perfect body for a power lifter!

No comments:

Post a Comment