Monday, July 13, 2020

Copy of a Target Dress


 Who copies a Target dress? Well I did, just because it was kind of bugging me how the plaid was all over the place and since I wasn't able to check out the fabric first hand, I couldn't tell the quality. It was on sale for about twenty four dollars, and it looked good on others...but still.


In my first foray back to JoAnn Fabrics this bolt of fabric was just there in front of me and it was on sale for $7.99 a yard, so since it was karma I had to get it.


 I used the bottom pattern piece from the last peasant dress I had made (Butterick 6451) found a blouse pattern with drop sleeves and used the ruffle sleeve from a Burda Magazine dress that I had made last year. I think you can wear either side front, but haven't tried that yet. I used only the blouse pattern front and added the facing in the back to add the keyhole finish.



The pricing for both dresses ended up the same and I'm happy that I just sewed my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment