Sunday, August 16, 2020

A Few Sewing Duds

This looks so cute, doesn't it? And it actually looked pretty cute on too, but the bottom camisole was made from a flimsy knit and it was all very floppy, not smooth and form fitting as I had intended it. This was my change, the pattern had a boned "modesty vest" but I wanted a more modern take on the dress. Then the sleeves would not stay put, I tried using safety pins to keep things in place to no avail. I wore it for about one hour and it drove me crazy, so I took it off and cut off the skirt for future use. If I were to try this style again I would make a jumper and wear a shirt underneath. Oh, well...moving on.


This fabric has been in storage since the Mill End Textile days. I always intended to use this pattern, but was too lazy to trace it from the BurdaStyle Magazine. I just bought BurdaStyle 6209 at the JoAnn sale. This was fun to sew, but it's just too tight for comfort. Normally I gain weight in the winter and loose in the summer, but with Covid it's been a gain-gain year. I will keep this for awhile in hopes of things shaping up all the way around.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment