Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Last of Summer Dresses

Here is the basic slip dress that I made to go under three topper pieces. One of the pieces will have to wait until next year. This is Simplicity 8517 a vintage pattern I got at a thrift store. I did my normal adjustments and it's not perfect but good for my intentions.


 Here we have it with the Mimi G tie top, Simplicity 8655. Really like this top and will sew it up again! No pattern adjustments, just my normal size.

This is the swimsuit cover-up, no pattern changes on this one either, but I did manage to sew it wrong, so lot's of seam ripping, argh. On this it would probably look better with elastic in the back but that will have to wait for next year too.






I made this late last summer and did not wear it until now! I lengthened the pleats a bit and that's it. This is Vogue 9236. The fabric is a lace pleather and it is really heavy and I did buy it on sale and it was still expensive. It is underlined with cotton.


It looks good, but it doesn't look perfect on the inside and that kind of bugs me, oh well!




 Pretty pics by our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment