Thursday, August 19, 2021

McCall's 7319

This dress looks okay, but I already ripped off the top and I'm going to make a new dress that doesn't bug me so much. The bottom of the wraps stood out like wings on the hips (they are just pinned down here). It is made from scuba knit and it is way too thick for this pattern.

The fabric is from Minerva and luckily I had some spare fabric, just because the fabric is measured in meters, not yards. I took apart three dresses that I just did not like yesterday.
Since I have so much, if I don't love it, I need to fix it, give it away, or for a few items they are allowed to sit in the back of the closet for a year.

First pattern, don't like, Butterick pattern, love. The Butterick pattern has a nice flared skirt and the fit is much nicer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment