Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Simplicity 9325

Sill in the non-photogenic mode. I saw this fabric online and had to have it, took awhile and here it is.
It is very pretty fabric, but also very flimsy. I chose this pattern because I didn't think I'd have any fitting issues, but I did. The bodice is too long in the shoulder area, so everything wanted to slip down.
I went into the shoulder pad stash and sewed a pair in. That helped a bit (and also to keep the sleeve flounce up).

I used every bit of the fabric and couldn't make the flutter sleeves or make the dress longer. I did have enough fabric to make the ties longer, don't like ties in the back too much. If I make this pattern again I would shorten the shoulders, make a facing on the armholes instead of binding and raise the godet it the center without making it wider. It is wearable, just not as cute as I thought it would be.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment