Monday, March 25, 2019

Burda 6401


Kind of in the hippie mode, but I had to wear comfortable shoes for walking around. The first time I purchased this fabric I only got about a yard and a half, and since the boarder is only on one side, it was not enough to make anything. I found it on Fabric.com and ordered two yards. I had to use this pattern because the model dress is very similar. But I still did not get enough fabric, so I had to go sans embroidery on the sleeves and on the back bodice. I added an applique to these areas.


 I cut out my normal size and it was still way too large, so I added darts to the front and the back and it still could have fit better smaller. Since I have large upper arms I used the puffy sleeve version and cut it off straight and added a little length to the bottom sleeves.


This is a comfortable dress and I received compliments while in the Mall, so that's a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment