Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Vogue 1511


Vogue 1511 is a superbly drafted pattern, one of the best I've sewn for a long time. Everything was spot-on. The fabric is from Joann Fabrics, it is crepe that I would describe as "bouncy". The collar is faux leather from Joann's as well. The one thing that saved me when sewing the faux leather is a fabric glue stick, make sure you have one or two on hand.


 I wanted to use the fringy salvage as the hem, I was a little worried because the pattern had a slight curve at the hem, but it turned out fine.


 Since I'm in Minnesota and all we do is talk about the weather...today it is raining...raining all over the frozen ice, no going out unless you have a hankering for some broken bones, a good excuse to stay indoors and sew!


No comments:

Post a Comment